It’s amazing how good those two activities combine, and how many advantages are involved.
When we started back in 1981 we never could have imagined how things would change in a recording studio environment, but today it’s a fact and everyone knows, IT (Information Technology or in other words: computers) is the center of every modern recording facility, without any doubt. Because our other business, located in the same premises, retail sales and servicing of IT and PRO-Audio equipment including custom built PC’s for musicians/recording studios/DJ’s … , hence everything related with computers and PRO/Semi-PRO audio, there’s a world of advantages for both the recording studio and the retail sales.
Recording Studio advantages:
- the newest hardware equipment available.
- access to the latest software titles and updated versions
- test all software titles available on the market and discard the useless/bad ones.
- in-house knowledge and fine tuning practice.
- in the rare case of an emergency, spare parts available.
- etc. …
In other words, the studio will always run in the most optimal conditions and with the latest well-chosen technology.
Retail Sales advantages:
- awareness of what products we sell, a huge difference compared to the typical shops that resell boxes.
- better support to the end-user, we understand the questions because we work with the same products ourselves in a real world.
- better tuned machines, our studio drives us to drag the full potential out of the machinery.
- knowledge and know-how to build machines perfectly tailored to end-user’s needs (no over productivity)
- follow-up of the latest technologies and best prices on the market.
- software compatibility and interchangeability between platforms.
- etc. …
Every day our knowledge is improved, thanks to this unique statement. On one hand we support our customers and we discover new methods of working/thinking about recording techniques, on the other hand we can test and experiment with those techniques in our own studio, this in a real-world environment, a big difference compared to just a test/demo setup.